Instructor Terms and Conditions
When you sign up to become an instructor on the CPD Singapore Education Services Pte Ltd’s (“CPD”) e-Academy platform, you agree to abide by these Instructor Terms (“Terms“).
- As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including but not limited to lecture videos, assignments, practice tests, answers and announcements (“Content“).
- You represent and warrant that:
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorise CPD to use your Content;
- your Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights.
- You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the website or to any user;
- use the website for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to learners.
- You grant CPD the rights to offer and market your Content. You also authorise CPD to sublicense these rights to your Content to third parties, including to learnersdirectly and through third parties such as resellers, distributors, affiliate sites, and paid advertising on third-party platforms.
- Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Content from the website giving one month’s notice via email to [email protected] However,
(a) rights given to learners before the Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and
(b) CPD’s right to use such Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
- CPD may use all or any part of your Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the website. You grant CPD permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling your Content, or CPD’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- CPD reserves the right to remove content, suspend payments, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including but not limited to, cases where:
- an instructor or Content does not comply with our policies;
- Content falls below CPD’s quality standards; or
- as determined by CPD in its sole discretion.
- You give CPD permission to share your Content for free with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access to accounts who have previously purchased your Content. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
- When a learner purchases your Content, CPD calculates the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by CPD from the learner (“Gross Amount“). From this, CPD subtracts a 5% service and processing fee and the applicable 7% Goods and Services Taxes to calculate the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
- Your revenue share will be 80% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as learner refunds. If CPD changes this payment rate, CPD will provide you 30 days’ notice via email or by posting a notice through our website.
- CPD makes all instructor payments in Singapore dollars (SGD) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. CPD is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in Singapore currency).
- In order to receive payment in a timely manner, you must own a Singapore PayNow account and must keep CPD informed of the correct payment details associated with your account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any taxes on your income.
- Payment will be made on a monthly basis with a minimum withdrawal amount of SGD 80.
- CPD reserves the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
- If a learner asks for a refund after CPD has paid the relevant instructor payment, CPD reserves the right to either
(1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or
(2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to learners for the instructor’s Content.
- You agree to indemnify and hold CPD and its related corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, harmless from any demands, loss, damage, liability, claims or expenses (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis), made against CPD by any third party directly or indirectly due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the website.
- CPD reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If CPD makes any material change, CPD will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through CPD’s website. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
- Your continued use of CPD’s website after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.